Using the skills he learned at the Brooklyn DA’s office, Gregg primarily practices criminal defense, police brutality, civil litigation, and Title IX. Gregg’s recent work involves obtaining an acquittal for DWI and obtaining settlements against the police and Federal Bureau of Prisons.
WHAT IS MY PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM WORTH IN NEW YORK?
Victims and their families may not realize how much their personal injury claim might be worth. This lack of knowledge could result in them accepting a lower settlement from insurance companies or asking for less from negligent parties. A personal injury claim can involve so much more than merely damages for your medical bills or missed weeks from work. What can be included in a personal injury claim? Here are a few things you might be able to include in your accident claim in New York:
- Money for medical bills and future medical expenses related to your injury.
- Money for rehabilitation expenses and future rehabilitation expenses related to your injury.
- Money for lost wages, and future lost wages related to your injury.
- Money for pain and suffering. (Pain and suffering amounts are calculated using special formulas based on your medical costs multiplied by the severity of your injuries. A life-altering or disabling injury will result in higher pain and suffering damages than an injury that results in temporary disability.)
- Money for emotional distress related to your accident (PTSD, panic attacks, guilt, anxiety, depression).
- Money to cover additional costs you and your family might be facing as a result of your injury (added childcare expenses, adding nursing home expenses if you cannot care for family members, services you now need as a result of your injury).
- Costs of medical equipment, mobility devices, or changes to your home as a result of your disability or injury.
These are just some of the many costs that victims of personal injury accidents face. The New York accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Gregg A. Pinto can take a close look at your situation and properly estimate the value of your case. Our lawyers can work hard to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
Contact a New York Accident Lawyer Today
The New York personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Gregg A. Pinto is here to help you if you have been hurt in a car accident, slip and fall, or other accident. You may only have a limited amount of time under New York’s statute of limitations to seek damages for your claim. The compassionate and caring accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Gregg A. Pinto are here to assist you with the next steps of your claim.